Total-Care Plus Discount Plan
Complete Discount Program
The Careington Total-Care Plus Discount Plan is our most all encompassing discount plan available. Members receive discounts to dental, vision, hearing and prescription.
In addition, members receive access to Teladoc physician consultations absolutely free! With Teladoc, you'll have 24-hour access to physicians by phone or video consultation.
- Parents, heavy travelers, and others who need convenient access to physicans at any time, any place
- Uninsured or underinsured individuals who need a wide range of discounts
- Those with a health insurance plan that does not cover any ancillary health care services
What You'll Get As a Member
Click a tab below to see detailed information about each feature included in your membership.
DentalProvided by: Careington International
Members may take advantage of savings offered by an industry leader in dental care. Careington International Corporation is one of the most recognized professional dental networks in the nation and boasts a provider network of over 197,000 dental access points.
Careington Dental Network Features:
- Save 5% to 60% on most dental procedures including routine oral exams, unlimited cleanings and major work such as dentures, root canals and crowns
- 5% to 20% savings on orthodontics including braces and retainers for children and adults
- 5% to 20% reduction on specialist's normal fees, such as Endodontics, Oral Surgery, Pediatric Dentistry, Periodontics and Prosthodontics where available
- Cosmetic dentistry such as bonding and veneers also included
- All dentists must meet highly selective credentialing standards based on education, background, license standing and other requirements
- Members may visit any participating dentist on the plan and change providers at any time
|Procedure||Regular Cost*||Member's Cost**||Member's Savings|
|Four Bitewing X-rays||$71||$34||52%|
|Composite (White) Filling||$260||$129||50%|
|Crown(porcelain fused to noble metal)||$1,172||$620||47%|
|Complete Upper Denture||$1,718||$883||49%|
|Molar Root Canal||$1,257||$612||51%|
|Extraction (single tooth)||$204||$86||58%|
VisionProvided by: VSP Choice Access
VSP is the nation's largest eye care provider with over 44,000 participating points of care in retail and medical locations. Participating providers look for more than just vision problems. They can detect signs of serious health conditions like glaucoma, diabetic eye disease, high blood pressure and high cholesterol.
Careington members can save 15% to 35% off eye exams and eye glasses by using the VSP Choice Access® Plan. Members will receive affordable services, savings and access to the right doctor near home or work.
VSP Vision Access Features:
- Save 15% to 35% off eye on eye exams, eyeglasses, and contacts
|Benefit||Regular Cost||Member's Cost||Member's Savings|
|Single Vision Lenses||$83||$45||$38|
Product not available in MT, VT & VA.
This is not insurance.
PrescriptionProvided by: MedImpact
Members are entitled to prescription savings offered by MedImpact. Discounts are available at over 60,000 participating pharmacies nationwide. Members simply present the member card at a participating pharmacy and receive immediate average savings of 15% to 60% off generic drugs and 15% to 25% off brand name prescriptions.
Members can save even more on maintenance medications through our convenient and money-saving mail service at MedVantx. Members receive savings on 90-day supplies of medications when ordered online, by phone or through the mail!
- A & P Pharmacy
- Accredo Health Group
- Apothecary Shop
- Arrow Pharmacy
and Nutrition Center
- Aurora Pharmacy
- Bakers Pharmacy
- Bartel Drugs
- Beacon Prescriptions
- Bel Air Pharmacy
- Bi-Lo Pharmacy
- Bi-Mart Pharmacy
- Brookshire Pharmacy
- Carnival Pharmacy
- City Market
- Coborns Pharmacy
- Community Pharmacy
- Costco Pharmacy
- CVS Pharmacy
- Demotte Drugs Inc.
- Dillon Pharmacy
- Discount Drug Mart
- Docs Drug
- Drug Emporium
- Drug Town
- Drug Warehouse
- Econofood Pharmacy
- Family Drug
- Family Pharmacy
- Familymeds Pharmacy
- Farmer Jack Pharmacy
- Food 4 Less
- Food City Pharmacy
- Fred Meyer's
- Fruth Pharmacy
- Giant Eagle Pharmacy
- Giant Pharmacy
- Hannaford Food & Drug
- Happy Harry's
- Harps Pharmacy
- Harris Teeter Pharmacy
- Hartig Drug
- Health Partners
- Homeland Pharmacy
- Hy-Vee Pharmacy
- Ingles Pharmacy
- Kerr Drug
- King Soopers
- Kings Pharmacy
- Kinney Drugs
- Kmart Pharmacy
- Kroger Pharmacy
- Larry Lyons MD
- Longs Drug Store
- Marsh Drugs
- Martin's Pharmacy
- May Drug's Store
- Medial Arts Pharmacy
- Medical Center Pharmacy
- Med-X Drug
- Meijer Pharmacy
- Minyard Pharmacy
- Navarro Discount Pharmacy
- P&C Foods
- Pamida Pharmacy
- Park Nicollet Pharmacy
- Pathmark Pharmacy
- Pharmacy Express
- Pharmacy Plus
- Pick 'n Save
- Publix Pharmacy
- QFC Pharmacy
- Quality Markets
- Rainbow Pharmacy
- Raley's Drug Center
- Ralph's Pharmacy
- Rite Aid
- Sack 'n Save
- Sam's Club Pharmacy
- Sav-A-Center Pharmacy
- Save Mart Pharmacy
- Schnuck's Pharmacy
- Sedanos Pharmacy Discount
- Shopko Pharmacy
- Smith's Pharmacy
- Snyder's Drug Emporium
- Southern Family Market
- Stop and Shop Pharmacy
- Super 1 Pharmacy
- Super D Drug Store
- Super Foodmart Pharmacy
- Super Fresh Pharmacy
- Super RX Pharmacy
- Target Corporation
- The Medicine Shoppe
- The Pharm
- Tops Pharmacy
- Ukrops Pharmacy
- United Pharmacy
- USA Drug
- U-Save Pharmacy
- VGA Pharmacy
- Village Pharmacy
- Waldbaums Pharmacy
- Walmart Pharmacy
- Weis Pharmacy
- Winn Dixie
- Yokes Pharmacy
HearingProvided by: HearPO
HearPO is one of the largest providers of hearing health care benefits in the United States, offering members a variety of hearing aids and servies through a simple three-step process. As a member, you'll have access to discounts on hearing care services and products at over 2,700 locations.
- 30% Discount on diagnostic services included hearing exams
- Lowest Price Guarantee*: If you find a lower price at another local provider, we'll gladly beat that price by 5%.
- Financing Options with up to 12-months NO INTEREST
- 60-day no risk trial period: If you are not satisfied, return your hearing aids within the trial period for a 100% refund
- 1-year follow-up care including cleaning, adjustment and other hearing aid services
- 3-year Warranty - one of the longest you'll find anywhere - on most hearing aids, covering repairs, loss and damage**
- 1 year of free batteries (80 cell per hearing aid)
- Discounts on batteries mailed directly to your home
* Competitor coupon required for verification of price and model. Limited to manufacturers offered through the HearPO program. Local Provider quotes only will be matched.
** Some exclusions apply. Limited to one time claim for loss and damage.
Lab ServicesProvided by: DirectLabs
Members get access to reduced prices on DirectLabs blood tests. DirectLabs is the leader in direct access laboratory testing and offers a wide variety of important health and wellness blood chemistry tests used for the early detection of diseases.
- Save 10% to 80% on blood tests
- Access to over 3,000 certified labs nationwide
*Not available in HI, MD, NY, NJ, RI or MA.
**ND, SD and VT offer Specialty Lab testing only.
ImagingProvided by: US Imaging
Members receive significant savings on a variety of advanced diagnostic imaging procedures through US Imaging.
US Imaging is a premier diagnostic scheduling service that provides Careington members with savings from 10% to 60% on advanced imaging procedures at over 2,400 radiology facilities nationwide. This program was specially designed to reduce out-of-pocket costs on MRI, CT ant PET scans.
US Imaging Service Includes:
- VIP appointment scheduling within 48 hours
- Preferred after hours and weekend appointments often available
- Appointment reminder call and email with directions to the facility
- Access to high quality, fully credentialed facility
*Not all locations may accept orders from other countries. Pelase notify scheduling specialist in advance so they can verify if participating providers will accept such orders.
This product is not available in HI, VT and WY.
Health & WellnessChooseHealthy
Our members get access to discounts at a wide variety of complementary health care programs, brought to you by ChooseHealthy®.
With this wellness program, members can:
- Utilize a nationwide network of more than 28,000 credentialed complementary health care providers, including chiropractors, massage therapists, acupuncturists and registered dietitians.
- Members will receive a 25% discount off normal fees for services.
- Members receive a minimum 10% discount off initiation and/or monthly dues at 15,000 fitness clubs and exercise centers nationwide*. Additionally, members may try a participating facility for a free one-week trial membership or one free introductory session prior to joining.
- Receive discounts on a wide variety of health and wellness products including vitamins, minerals, herbal supplements, homeopathic remedies, sports nutrition products, health related books and DVDs, fitness products and skin care items, with free shipping on most orders.
* May apply to new health club members only
ChooseHealthy is a federally registered trademark of American Specialty Health Incorporated and use with permission herein.
Weight Loss SurgeryGastric Banding Panel Group
Members will have access to a preferred pricing plan for gastric banding weight loss surgery through the Gastric Banding Panel Group, a national network with over 100 locations. There are no forms to fill out, and discounts are applied at the point of service.
- Receive a $1000 discount as a preferred member for gastric banding weight loss surgery
- Access over 100 participating locations nationwide
- All surgeons in the Gastric Banding Panel Group are certified by Allergen (Lap Band) or Johnson & Johnson (Realize Band).
TelemedicineTeladoc Members get access to free consultations with a physician through Teladoc, a national network of U.S. board-certified physicians who use electronic health records, telephone consultations and online video consultations to diagnose, recommend treatment and write short term, non-DEA controlled prescriptions, when appropriate.
Physicians are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, allowing members to conveniently access quality care from their home, work or on-the-go as opposed to more expensive and time-consuming alternatives like the doctor's office or emergency room.
Cost of Consultation: Free!
Teladoc Services Include:
- 97% member satisfaction, 91% medical resolution and 97% physician satisfaction
- Secure, personal and portable electronic health records
- The average consulttion time is 12 minuts.
- On average, members receive a call back from the physician in 22 minutes.
- Teladoc guaranteed all members will receive a call back from a physician in three hours. (Teladoc physicians successfully completed 99.6% of the consult requests within three hours in the past year.)
- On average, Teladoc physicians resolve 91% of the calls. The remaining calls are referred to the member's PCP, a specialist, the ER unless the member was seeking a prescription that is outside the Teladoc scope of service.
- Pediatric network available
- No age restrictions
- When your physician is not available
- After normal hours of operation
- For non-emergency care
- On a vacation or business trip
Terms and Conditions: Teladoc does not replace the primary care physician. Teladoc does not guarantee that a prescription will be writeen. Teladoc operates subject to state regulation and may not be available in certain states. Teladoc does not prescribe DEA controlle dsubstances, non-therapeutic drugs and certain other drugs which may be harmful beause of their potential for abuse. Teladoc physicians reserve the right to deny care for potential misuse of services. Teladoc phone consultations are available 24 hours, 7 days a wek while video consultations are available during the hours of 7am to 9pm, 7 days a week. Consultations are not available in Oklahoma or Massachusetts. Video Consultations are not available in Idaho, Iowa, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Massachusetts or Texas. © 2012 Teladoc, Inc. All rights reserved. Teladoc and the Teladoc logo are registered trademarks of Teladoc, Inc. and may not be used without written permission.
Lasik Vision CorrectionProvided by: QualSight LASIK
Members gain access to a savings program within a network of more than 800 locations nationwide. Members can have LASIK vision correction surgery at a significantly reduced rate, with savings of 40% to 50% off the overall national average cost of Traditional LASIK surgery. Additionally, members can receive significant savings on procedures such as Custom Bladeless (all laser) LASIK.
LASIK can provide freedom for the majority of individuals who wear glasses or contact lenses. Since 1995, more than 16 million LASIK procedures have been performed in the US to correct near-sightedness, far-sightedness and astigmatism. There is even a procedure to correct presbyopia (when small print begins to blur) called Monovision LASIK. This procedure corrects one eye for distance and the other eye for reading.
The cost of Traditional LASIK is $935 per eye and Custom LASIK is $1,360 per eye, which is the total cost with no hidden extra fees.
QualSight Lasik Features:
- A FREE consultation to discuss the procedures available
- A preliminary screening to determine if one is a potential candidate
- Experienced surgeons who have collectively performed more than 4 million laser correction procedures
- Pre-operative exam and post-operative appointments with chosen physician
- Lifetime Assurance Plans available
- Refundable prtial-payment (even if the member decides not to have the surgery)
- Physician-recommended procedure using leading-edge, FDA-approved technoogy
- Nationwide access to credentialied and experienced ophthamologists using state-of-the-art, FDA-approved LASIK vision correction technologies
- Interest-free financing plans for up to 12 months with participating providers; or payments as low as $53 per month available to qualified candidates
The QualSight program is not an insurance program.
Diabetic & Medical SuppliesProvided by: Better Living Now
Members gain access to discounts on a wide range of healthcare products and services from Better Living Now, a leading managed care provider specializing in the needs of patients with chronic conditions. From medical appliances and supplies to home medical equipment, this program can be a member's single source for all of their vitamin and nutrition or durable medical equipment needs.
- Free shipping and choice of free gift with first order
- 20% to 30% off the retail price of durable medial equipment
- 20% to 40% off the retail price of disposable medical supplies
- 20% to 25% off the retail price of nutritional supplements and daily living aids
- No shipping charges for orders that are $100 or more. Shipping is a flat $7.95 for orders under $100.
- Up to a 90-day supply and the care coordinators send a replacement notification before the supplies run out
- No complicated forms to fill out and no inconvenient trips to the pharmacy
- Free blood glucose monitor upgrade
- 30-day 100% satisfaction guarantee*
|Item||Retail Rate||Member's Savings|
|Ascensia Breeze Blood Glucose Monitoring System||$86.95||35%|
|Precision Xtra Test Strips "End-Fill" 50/box||$68.57||35%|
|Comfort Infusion Set 23" 10/box||$151.70||25%|
|Transfer Bench, Bathtub - Blow Molded w/ Back||$120.00||30%|
|Premium Skin Barrier Non-Sterile 4x4||$28.14||35%|
|Nebulizer, Aeromist® LT Nebulizer/Compressor||$50.00||20%|
* Some products have restrictions or cannot be returned.
24-hour Nurse LineProvided by: Carenet
Carenet's Nurse Line provides access to experienced, compassionate nurses available anytime to answer questions, assess symptoms and provide care recommendations. Staffed by highly skilled, registered nurses, Carenet's Nurse Advice team is available 24/7 to assist with members' health concerns.
Ask-a-nurse services include:
- Symptom assessment and phone triage
- Urgent and non-urgent care advice
- Drug and medication information
- recommendations or condition explanations
- Carenet provides deaf and foreign language services through the use of TDD and language line service. This service can be accessed by members 24/7 including holidays.
- Carenet members have access to a pre-recorded health information library consisting of over 1,100 various topics, over 600 of which are also available in Spanish.
- Save 16%-25% by choosing an annual membership
- Include adult parents and children at college with your household plan