SilverCare Discount Plan
Designed for seniors to enhance a health insurance plan or Medicare
The Careington SilverCare Discount Plan is full of affordable discounts and services designed specifically for seniors to enhance their existing health insurance or Medicare. In addition to our excellent discount networks for dental, vision, hearing and prescriptions, SilverCare members receive access to a wide range of other discounts and services that make the program stand out as a way to enhance your existing health insurance or Medicare plan.
- Medicare users and seniors with existing health insurance
- Individuals with health care coverage that doesn't include supplies for chronic illness such as diabetes
What You'll Get As a Member
Click a tab below to see detailed information about each feature included in your membership.
DentalProvided by: Careington International
Members may take advantage of savings offered by an industry leader in dental care. Careington International Corporation is one of the most recognized professional dental networks in the nation and boasts a provider network of over 197,000 dental access points.
Careington Dental Network Features:
- Save 5% to 60% on most dental procedures including routine oral exams, unlimited cleanings and major work such as dentures, root canals and crowns
- 5% to 20% savings on orthodontics including braces and retainers for children and adults
- 5% to 20% reduction on specialist's normal fees, such as Endodontics, Oral Surgery, Pediatric Dentistry, Periodontics and Prosthodontics where available
- Cosmetic dentistry such as bonding and veneers also included
- All dentists must meet highly selective credentialing standards based on education, background, license standing and other requirements
- Members may visit any participating dentist on the plan and change providers at any time
|Procedure||Regular Cost*||Member's Cost**||Member's Savings|
|Four Bitewing X-rays||$71||$34||52%|
|Composite (White) Filling||$260||$129||50%|
|Crown(porcelain fused to noble metal)||$1,172||$620||47%|
|Complete Upper Denture||$1,718||$883||49%|
|Molar Root Canal||$1,257||$612||51%|
|Extraction (single tooth)||$204||$86||58%|
VisionProvided by: VSP Choice Access
VSP is the nation's largest eye care provider with over 44,000 participating points of care in retail and medical locations. Participating providers look for more than just vision problems. They can detect signs of serious health conditions like glaucoma, diabetic eye disease, high blood pressure and high cholesterol.
Careington members can save 15% to 35% off eye exams and eye glasses by using the VSP Choice Access® Plan. Members will receive affordable services, savings and access to the right doctor near home or work.
VSP Vision Access Features:
- Save 15% to 35% off eye on eye exams, eyeglasses, and contacts
|Benefit||Regular Cost||Member's Cost||Member's Savings|
|Single Vision Lenses||$83||$45||$38|
Product not available in MT, VT & VA.
This is not insurance.
PrescriptionProvided by: MedImpact
Members are entitled to prescription savings offered by MedImpact. Discounts are available at over 60,000 participating pharmacies nationwide. Members simply present the member card at a participating pharmacy and receive immediate average savings of 15% to 60% off generic drugs and 15% to 25% off brand name prescriptions.
Members can save even more on maintenance medications through our convenient and money-saving mail service at MedVantx. Members receive savings on 90-day supplies of medications when ordered online, by phone or through the mail!
- A & P Pharmacy
- Accredo Health Group
- Apothecary Shop
- Arrow Pharmacy
and Nutrition Center
- Aurora Pharmacy
- Bakers Pharmacy
- Bartel Drugs
- Beacon Prescriptions
- Bel Air Pharmacy
- Bi-Lo Pharmacy
- Bi-Mart Pharmacy
- Brookshire Pharmacy
- Carnival Pharmacy
- City Market
- Coborns Pharmacy
- Community Pharmacy
- Costco Pharmacy
- CVS Pharmacy
- Demotte Drugs Inc.
- Dillon Pharmacy
- Discount Drug Mart
- Docs Drug
- Drug Emporium
- Drug Town
- Drug Warehouse
- Econofood Pharmacy
- Family Drug
- Family Pharmacy
- Familymeds Pharmacy
- Farmer Jack Pharmacy
- Food 4 Less
- Food City Pharmacy
- Fred Meyer's
- Fruth Pharmacy
- Giant Eagle Pharmacy
- Giant Pharmacy
- Hannaford Food & Drug
- Happy Harry's
- Harps Pharmacy
- Harris Teeter Pharmacy
- Hartig Drug
- Health Partners
- Homeland Pharmacy
- Hy-Vee Pharmacy
- Ingles Pharmacy
- Kerr Drug
- King Soopers
- Kings Pharmacy
- Kinney Drugs
- Kmart Pharmacy
- Kroger Pharmacy
- Larry Lyons MD
- Longs Drug Store
- Marsh Drugs
- Martin's Pharmacy
- May Drug's Store
- Medial Arts Pharmacy
- Medical Center Pharmacy
- Med-X Drug
- Meijer Pharmacy
- Minyard Pharmacy
- Navarro Discount Pharmacy
- P&C Foods
- Pamida Pharmacy
- Park Nicollet Pharmacy
- Pathmark Pharmacy
- Pharmacy Express
- Pharmacy Plus
- Pick 'n Save
- Publix Pharmacy
- QFC Pharmacy
- Quality Markets
- Rainbow Pharmacy
- Raley's Drug Center
- Ralph's Pharmacy
- Rite Aid
- Sack 'n Save
- Sam's Club Pharmacy
- Sav-A-Center Pharmacy
- Save Mart Pharmacy
- Schnuck's Pharmacy
- Sedanos Pharmacy Discount
- Shopko Pharmacy
- Smith's Pharmacy
- Snyder's Drug Emporium
- Southern Family Market
- Stop and Shop Pharmacy
- Super 1 Pharmacy
- Super D Drug Store
- Super Foodmart Pharmacy
- Super Fresh Pharmacy
- Super RX Pharmacy
- Target Corporation
- The Medicine Shoppe
- The Pharm
- Tops Pharmacy
- Ukrops Pharmacy
- United Pharmacy
- USA Drug
- U-Save Pharmacy
- VGA Pharmacy
- Village Pharmacy
- Waldbaums Pharmacy
- Walmart Pharmacy
- Weis Pharmacy
- Winn Dixie
- Yokes Pharmacy
HearingProvided by: HearPO
HearPO is one of the largest providers of hearing health care benefits in the United States, offering members a variety of hearing aids and servies through a simple three-step process. As a member, you'll have access to discounts on hearing care services and products at over 2,700 locations.
- 30% Discount on diagnostic services included hearing exams
- Lowest Price Guarantee*: If you find a lower price at another local provider, we'll gladly beat that price by 5%.
- Financing Options with up to 12-months NO INTEREST
- 60-day no risk trial period: If you are not satisfied, return your hearing aids within the trial period for a 100% refund
- 1-year follow-up care including cleaning, adjustment and other hearing aid services
- 3-year Warranty - one of the longest you'll find anywhere - on most hearing aids, covering repairs, loss and damage**
- 1 year of free batteries (80 cell per hearing aid)
- Discounts on batteries mailed directly to your home
* Competitor coupon required for verification of price and model. Limited to manufacturers offered through the HearPO program. Local Provider quotes only will be matched.
** Some exclusions apply. Limited to one time claim for loss and damage.
Lab ServicesProvided by: DirectLabs
Members get access to reduced prices on DirectLabs blood tests. DirectLabs is the leader in direct access laboratory testing and offers a wide variety of important health and wellness blood chemistry tests used for the early detection of diseases.
- Save 10% to 80% on blood tests
- Access to over 3,000 certified labs nationwide
*Not available in HI, MD, NY, NJ, RI or MA.
**ND, SD and VT offer Specialty Lab testing only.
ImagingProvided by: Galaxy Health Network
Members receive significant savings on a variety of advanced diagnostic imaging procedures through Galaxy Health Network and One Call Medical.
- Save 40% to 75%* on the usual costs of MRI, CT and PET scans
- Largest panel of high-quality radiologists and imaging specialists with over 3,200 outpatient radiology facilities throughout the United States
- Providers undergo a rigorous credentialing and peer review process for radiology quality.
- Multilingual call center including English and Spanish. For all other languages, the language line services will be available at no cost to the member
|Benefit||Regular Cost||Member's Cost||Member's Savings|
|CT Scan: maxillofacial area||$882.08||$445.00||50%|
|CT Scan: pelvis||$1,039.14||$458.71||56%|
|MRI: spinal canal and contents(lumbar)||$1,737.45||$545||69%|
|MRI: spinal canal and contents(cervical)||$2,002.44||$520.00||74%|
*Savings may vary based on geographic location, provider selected and procedure performed">
This product is not available in HI, MA, MT, ND, SD, and WV.
Diabetic & Medical SuppliesProvided by: Better Living Now
Members gain access to discounts on a wide range of healthcare products and services from Better Living Now, a leading managed care provider specializing in the needs of patients with chronic conditions. From medical appliances and supplies to home medical equipment, this program can be a member's single source for all of their vitamin and nutrition or durable medical equipment needs.
- Free shipping and choice of free gift with first order
- 20% to 30% off the retail price of durable medial equipment
- 20% to 40% off the retail price of disposable medical supplies
- 20% to 25% off the retail price of nutritional supplements and daily living aids
- No shipping charges for orders that are $100 or more. Shipping is a flat $7.95 for orders under $100.
- Up to a 90-day supply and the care coordinators send a replacement notification before the supplies run out
- No complicated forms to fill out and no inconvenient trips to the pharmacy
- Free blood glucose monitor upgrade
- 30-day 100% satisfaction guarantee*
|Item||Retail Rate||Member's Savings|
|Ascensia Breeze Blood Glucose Monitoring System||$86.95||35%|
|Precision Xtra Test Strips "End-Fill" 50/box||$68.57||35%|
|Comfort Infusion Set 23" 10/box||$151.70||25%|
|Transfer Bench, Bathtub - Blow Molded w/ Back||$120.00||30%|
|Premium Skin Barrier Non-Sterile 4x4||$28.14||35%|
|Nebulizer, Aeromist® LT Nebulizer/Compressor||$50.00||20%|
* Some products have restrictions or cannot be returned.
Foot & Ankle CareProvided by: Healthcare Networks of America
Members get savings on top-quality services from over 3,500 of America's leading podiatric physicians through the American Footcare Network, a division of Healthcare Networks of America, LLC.
- Top quality, discounted services from America's leading podiatric physicians
- 50% discount on the the provider's normal exam fee
- 20% discount on the provider's normal fee for all other services and products
- Initial exam and consultation includes complete gait analysis, x-ray, neurological exam and vascular exam
- Treatment programs for heel pain, bunions, hammertoes, ingrown toenails, diabetes, arch pain, arthritis, orthotics and other foot and ankle problems
The Podiatry Plan savings cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount plan, but may be used in coordination with some insurance plans.
This product is not available in MA.
Long-Term CareProvided by: Healthcare Synergies
With HealthCare Synergies, members can save from 5% to 30%* off the normal fees for services ranging from home health care, hospice care and many more. HSI has developed the nation's largest privately owned long term care network, comprised of more than 5,000 providers. There are many decisions regarding long term care that can be difficult to make, and HealthCare Synergies provides access to high quality medical providers at a reduced price.
HSI's extensive network includes:
- Home Health Care
- Home Health Aides
- Homemaker Services
- Hospice Care
- Facility Based Services
- Respite Care
- Skilled Nursing Facilities
- Durable Medical Equipment
- Assisted Living Facilities
- Alzheimer and other SPecialty Care Services
- Physical and Occupational Therapies
Key Features of HSI
- Full eligibility regardless of age or medical condition
- No length of stay requirements to receive contracted rates
- Simply select an in-network provider, show your Careington membership card and the provider will contact HSI to obtain the proper negotiated rate
- You will receive a bill with the proper contracted pricing and/or explanation of how the contracted rate was calculated
- You pay the contracted rate within 30 days of the billing date
** Savings are based on a percentage off normal fees and may vary by geographic location.
You cannot receive a negotated rate from a Network provider from whom you are already receiving services at the time you become a member or that you are receiving services covered by Medicare, Medicaid, or workers compensation. Some exlucsions may also apply for services covered by other health insurance plans.
Legal PlansProvided by: RocketLawyer
SilverCare members receive access to free and reduced cost legal documents and other services through RocketLawyer.
Without a will, the government can decide what happens to children and assets if something tragic were to happen. Rocket Lawyer can help members make their wishes known and reduce the burden on their family during a difficult time.
Rocket Lawyer's easy online service enables members to automatically create legal documents by answering a few simple questions. Documents are securely stored online so they can be accessed and updated at any time.
Careington members are able to create three free legal documents, including a last will, power of attorney and a healthcare directive.
- Last will: Decide how your assets, property and the care of your children will be handled after your death.
- Power of attorney: Select a person you trust to handle financial and legal matters on your behalf when you cannot do so yourself.
- Healthcare directive: State your healthcare wishes and appoint someone to make decisions if you are medically unable to do so.
Members can upgrade their membership to the Complete Family Legal Plan and access Rocket Lawyer's full suite of services at 20% off the regular price.
Upgraded members will receive the rollowing services:
- Quick Anwers: Type in a legal question and an attorney will respond within 24 hours.*
- Free Initial Consultations: Have a local attorney review legal documents or ask questions about any personal legal matter.*
- Savings: Get connected with a local attorney. Save thousands of dollars with pre-negotiated hourly rates.*
- Personal Legal Documents: Members can create any personal legal document Rocket Lawyer has to offer including living trust documents, promissory notes, real estate documents and more.
* Subject to Rocket Lawyer On Call terms and conditions.
Pet CareProvided by: Health Matters International
Health Matters Interntional (HMI) focuses on providing a solution to the rising cost of prescription medications and other supplies for pets. Members can be assured they are getting safe, quality products that protect the health and well-being of their pets. Ordering is easy, simply go online or call Customer Service.
- 20% to 70% savings on retail prices
- Everyone is accepted
- Popular name brand items
- Medications from FDA approved sources
- 30 to 90 day supply of medication delivered to your door
|Advantix Dogs 11-20 lbs||6 pack||$64.50|
|Advantix Dogs 21-55 lbs||6 pack||$67.73|
|Advantix Dogs 50+ lbs||6 pack||$69.32|
|Frontline Spray||250 ml||$29.51|
|Revolution Dog/Cats 10-20 lbs||6 pack||$62.80|
|Revolution Dog/Cats 20-40 lbs||6 pack||$66.44|
|Revolution Dog/Cats 40-85 lbs||6 pack||$69.16|
|Revolution Dog/Cats 5-15 lb Cat||6 pack||$64.99|
|Stromectol 3 mg||20 tablets||$102.30|
Shopping NetworkProvided by RBIC
Retail Benefits provided by Careington, is an ecommerce portal to leading merchants, where members can earn between 1%-40% cash back, incentives, and instant rewards just for shopping online. This portal lets members shop where they're already shopping online today. Members can access the same stores, and the same merchandise, but will now actually get paid for shopping. Every purchase made through the online portal will give the member cash back, no matter what the purchase.
Cash back can be paid with direct deposit or check, when the amount reaches a specified threshold. Members also have the option to set up a percentage of all earnings as a tax-deductible donation to any of the available two million non-profit organizations.
With the Careington Retail Benefits Shopping Assistant internet toolbar, members will be able to see if specific sites offer cash back rewards. Members can then enable cash-back rewards and shop as they normally would through the retailer's website.
- Earn between 1%-40% cash back and other high value incentives for shopping online
- Access to over 4,000 retailers
- Extensive comparisojn tools to show best prices and most cash-back incentives
- Virtual back office that helps track completed purchases, in-progress purchases, cash-back reward balances, and personal accounts
- Two million registered non-profit organizations available to donate all or part of cash-back earnings on a tax deductible basis
- The Gap
- Banana Republic
- Dicks Sporting Goods
- The Sharper Image
- K Mart
- Best Buy
- Bed Bath and Beyond
- Sun and Ski Sports
- Sunglass Hut
- JC Penny
- Eddie Bauer
- The Home Depot
- Old Navy
- Foot Locker
- Office Depot
- Crate and Barrell
24-hour Nurse LineProvided by: Carenet
Carenet's Nurse Line provides access to experienced, compassionate nurses available anytime to answer questions, assess symptoms and provide care recommendations. Staffed by highly skilled, registered nurses, Carenet's Nurse Advice team is available 24/7 to assist with members' health concerns.
Ask-a-nurse services include:
- Symptom assessment and phone triage
- Urgent and non-urgent care advice
- Drug and medication information
- recommendations or condition explanations
- Carenet provides deaf and foreign language services through the use of TDD and language line service. This service can be accessed by members 24/7 including holidays.
- Carenet members have access to a pre-recorded health information library consisting of over 1,100 various topics, over 600 of which are also available in Spanish.
Efinancial Quote ReferralProvided by: Efinancial
With Efinancial, clients can now shop and compare life insurance quotes from the nation's top-rated carriers by providing life insurance quotes and fulfillment for their members. Efinancial works closely to assist members who are searching for affordable life insurance coverage.
Efinancial was created to give consumers a better way to purchase life insurance. The company was built from the ground up using the most advanced technologies to create a world-class customer experience. Efinancial emerged onto the market delivering the ability to shop online, as well as leverage an information center to get expert advice over the phone. Efinancial is one of the nation’s largest distributors of life insurance products. They are proud to be recognized by INC magazine as one of the fastest growing private companies in America two years in a row.
Key Benefits of Efinancial:
- term life insurance site provides instant access to free quotes, expert advice from licensed insurance repts and the option to purchase up to $500,000 of term life insurance without a medical exam, just by answering a few health questions.
- The user-friendly site is a great resource and designed to give users access to quickly compare top-rated carriers with one easy to use tool.
- Compare life insurance quotes, determine the best carrier based on their needs, and purchase from one of the country's largest life insurance distributors.
Identity Theft ProtectionProvided by: InfoArmor
Identity theft affects millions of Americans each year and is the fastest growing crime in America. As a leader in the identity monitoring industry, InfoArmor wil proactively defend what matters most... members and their family!*
The InfoArmor team includes privacy advocates who are certified and trained to be experts in identity theft restoration. If suspicious activity is detected, a privacy advocate will contact the member by phone and operate as a dedicated case manager from start to case completion.
PrivacyArmor Services Include:
- Solicitation Opt Outs: Allows members to manage and reduce unwanted solicitations, preapproved credit card offers and junk mail to limit explosure of personal information.
- SNAPD Monitoring: Searches and monitors past credit history, as well as real-time identity fraud or threats. Detects misuse up to 90 days sooner than credit-based solutions.
- Privacy Advocate Restoration: If the member's ientity is compromised, trained experts will contact by phone to discuss the suspicious activity on their account and work to completely restore member's identity.
- Out of Pocket Expense: $25,000 identity fraud reimbursement policy to protect gainst out-of-pocket expenses ssociated with identity theft.
*The membership plan price includes the primary enrollment member plus up to four additional family members living in the household at no additional cost.
- Save 16%-22% by choosing an annual membership
- Include adult parents and children at college with your household plan